Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gas Mask....not yet

My 2 boys (Jacob age 9 and Jonah age 7...soon to be 8) share a bedroom.  That makes for a messy room...but that also means they share a closet...double dose of junk all in one place...

So today, I clean the closet...I mean closets...well, ok, 1 closet but since they share it, I feel like I am cleaning 2 at the same time...here is what I started with today...



Lots if clothes, toys, shoe boxes, old backpacks, blankets, extra hangers, etc....

After 75 minutes, here is what I have accomplished, but there is still a few hours left to sort what I took out, put a few more things back in and just be done in general....which means, I need to organize some stuff from the bedroom, so it just moved into that....

But, I did come up with one simple idea...put those shoe boxes to work instead of getting more plastic containers...sure they don't look all uniform and neat, but I feel good about recycling and not buying into more plastic.  Yes, I just patted myself on the back!




Back to organizing I go!! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks way better! Keep working at it! I have two sets of kids sharing rooms! What a mess! Small rooms too! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You were busy! And boys don't care about the matchy-matchy but if it bugs you, you could always make a photo or lettering page and print it out to size and tape it on!

    ReplyDelete