Friday, February 22, 2013

I've been a bit shy....

I've been a bit shy taking advantage of the February Bead Trends Issue!!  Have you had a chance to take a quick peek?  You can find it at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Barnes & Noble, and JoAnn's.

It was such a privilege to be contacted last July by Tatia Meyer of Bead Trends Magazine if I would be interested in being the designer highlight for February 2013.  She told me my vintage, romantic style would be perfect for their Valentine Issue!


 
 
 
Wow, what a compliment that was!!  I had only been published in the magazine a few times and had admired all those that received the special highlight section as Designer of the Month!!
 
The designer of the month would come with a photo and a bio along with 10 pages of special designer jewelry!   When I said yes, it was time to get to work!!
 
Here are a few of my pieces I created!  The first set was an emerald set (little did I know it would later be chosen the color for 2013!!).  I used some of my great artist friends and their jewelry creations for some of my pieces.  I also pulled in many vintage pieces to give it that artisan vintage feel!  This set features Marsha Neal and Karen Totten.  I used a vintage drawer pull, vintage key lock, Vintaj Brass, and czech glass beads!    
 
 
 
This bracelet features a vintage snoopy, brass dog tag, and a Gaea heart!
 
 
This set features swavorski crystal, brass crown, and a 1950 earring (up cycled!)
 
 
 
This last set features all mother of pearl vintage buttons and Vintaj Brass.  This piece is currently for sale at the Blue Pomegranate Gallery in Benson, NE
 
 
 
 
I hope you might all consider taking a quick peek at the publication before it goes off sale at newsstands later this week!!  It has been such an honor to be recognized!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful publication to be featured in, their photography is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely issue and congrats my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congratulations. =) What an honor! I particularly like that cute bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! Congratulations! I confess I've been avoiding magazines so far this year trying to use all the inspiration I have in book and mags already. These sure are great pieces though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely designs... such the romantic! I love them! Very excting and honor, well deserved...and huge heartfelt Congratulations! I am sure more of your designs will be published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! Congrats on publication. I did a necklace with a drawer pull too.

    I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you combine disparate elements. So cool!

    ReplyDelete